Effective and transforming ordained ministry for a successful society in a changing world through sound spiritual formation and theological development.
To train for ordination ministers of the Methodist Church in Fiji, as follows:
(a) to prepare men and women fully for ordained ministry for the Methodist Church in Fiji through effective spiritual and theological training and development;
(b) to encourage higher theological understanding and enhanced spirituality in an evolving society through a well trained Christian workforce and leadership;
(c) to ensure effective management and development of the institution for the successful achievements of its objectives
VACANCY - LIBRARIAN
The Davuilevu Theological College is searching for an experienced, well qualified and reliable librarian to join its staff. Our College library provides services to faculties and students who do research and trained to be church ministers in the Methodist Church in Fiji.
1. Planning and management of library operations.
2. Supervision of assistant librarian and scheduling of library hours, classes and staff for supervision after hours.
3. Management of library office facilities, physical library space and cleanliness of library.
4. Management of library budget, library grant, and purchasing of library materials, furniture \ and equipment within the allocated budget.
5. Management of library subscriptions and update of database
6. Cataloguing, classification of new library materials and ordering of new library books.
7. Maintenance of library management system (Liberty or Dewey Decimal System)
8. Management and promotion of links with national regional and international sources of information, library associations and library service companies
9. Production of regular library reports for library committee and faculty
10. Development of orientation library skills programme materials and production of publicity for students and staff
11. Maintenance of library web page
12. Upgrading library skills.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS and PERSONAL CHARACTER
1. A Diploma in Library services is preferred
2. At least 3-5 years' experience in Library Services
3. Must be able to do classification using Dewey decimal classification, liberty and the relevant subject headings list.
4. Experience working with electronic databases of library materials
5. Good health and clear police record.
6. Honest and reliable at all times.
Applications that do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
Application closes on February 15th 2019
Please enclose your application letter, a reference letter with CV and Personal Photo.
Address: The Principal
Davuilevu Theological College,